- Nursery entry age is the term after your child’s 3rd Birthday.
- Provided that there is a place available for them. If there are more children wanting to be admitted than the number of places they will be prioritised. The priority order is contained within the school Admissions Policy available for inspection from school. The length of time that a child has had an interest registered, however, id not a priority criterion.
- There are 26 places available in the morning or afternoon.
- Attending the nursery does not guarantee a place in reception.
- Children become eligible for a place in Reception Class in the September prior to their fifth birthday. (There is no automatic internal transfer from Nursery to Reception Class.)
- The statutory requirement is for children to be educated in school from the beginning of the term following their fifth birthday. Millbrook School admits all Reception pupils in the September of each academic year.
Admissions: Apply for a Knowsley school place
Applying for a place at this school
Millbrook Primary School is a Community Primary School where we welcome all applicants. We welcome visits to the school by families who may be interested in applying – please contact us on 0151 477 8160 and we will make an appointment for you to visit.
It is usually possible to offer places to all who apply. If however, there are more applicants than places, the school has an admissions policy that is used to decide who has priority.
School Admissions Policy
The admission policy for 2023/24 is printed in the local authority’s admission booklet which is available on the Knowsley Council website; – https://www.knowsley.gov.uk/residents/education-and-schools/apply-for-a-school-place
Paper copies are available from school or from Knowsley School Admissions by contacting 0151 443 5143. The booklet gives you all the information you’ll need to apply for school places.
The consultation for the new policy for 2024/25 is also available on the Knowsley Council website consultations page.
Applications for places in the reception class are made between September and the 15th January each year. So applications for September 2024 should be made no later than 15th January 2024. It is really important to apply on time. Details of how to apply and other useful information are given in the admission booklet.
(If you live in another borough, contact your home authority for details of which form to use.)
Applications at other times
If you are moving to this area and are interested in a place for your child, please get in touch with the school. There is an In-Year application form to complete which gives you notes and contact details. This is also available from Knowsley School admissions Team by telephoning (0151) 443 3372.
We take pupils into the nursery on a termly basis – usually the term following the child’s third birthday. There is information which includes the application form available from the school or on the Knowsley Council website http://www.knowsley.gov.uk/residents/education-and-schools
(You can use this form wherever you live.)
Please note: Obtaining a place in the nursery does not give your child any priority for admission to reception class – you still need to apply for a reception place at the right time.