Welcome to Chestnut
Wow! We have been so impressed with how well the children have started the first half-term in Chestnut Class. A huge thank you to all our parents and careers from the staff, for all the preparations you have made to ensure your children’s start to a new school year has been such a success. The children looked super smart in all their fresh uniforms and showed a real determination to improve and progress their learning! It has been lovely to welcome everybody in the first half-term and we are already very much looking forward the rest of the year ahead.
Please see below for important information on what your child will be learning about this year. We will post photos and updates to showcase what has been happening in class on Class Dojo.
Start time: 8:50am Finish time: 3:15pm
P.E. day: Thursday St Helens Rugby and Friday PE
Please send your child to school in their outdoor P.E. kit and a pair of trainers on those days. Please adhere to the school uniform policy and school colours.
HOMEWORK: Tuesday returned by the following Monday.
- Welcome Chestnut Class
- Homework timetable Autumn 2022
- Punctuation and Grammar Plan Autumn 2022
- Class Timetable Autumn 2022
- Fluency Practice Timetable Autumn 2022
- Year 5 Recommended Reading List
- Year 6 Recommended Reading List
AUTUMN TERM 1 COMPLETE
The children have worked so immensely hard this term, they have really pushed and pushed themselves. They have come on in leaps and bounds over that past 7 weeks. The improvements have been so noticeable and you can tell the children are really taking pride in all that they are doing.
If you haven’t had chance please take a look at our photos from over the term, there are lots! Speak to your children, ask them what has been going on.
We award Class Dojos to children in Chestnut who are well behaved, try hard in class, are well mannered and help others.
Parents can use the codes sent home to connect to our class dojos and see how well children are doing.
Who will win the Class Dojo competition this term for the child with the most positive points?
We have a race each week to announce the Dojo Champion and this has been really exciting to see how many the children have achieved.
- P.E will take place on Wednesday, please ensure that your child’s arrives to school in their PE kit.
- Reading books and records will be sent home nightly. Please return reading books and Reading logs on a daily basis as these are used during Guided Reading activities.
- Please inform the school office if your child is going to be off for any reason.
- Please see the Curriculum pages for what we will cover each term
- Below is a link to the Maths curriculum for this year for your child:
Year 5 – White Rose Maths
- As part of our continuous aim to support children and development we have listed some websites that might be of benefit to their learning:
- Year 5 Lessons – Oak National Academy (thenational.academy)
As a school we are always seeking adult support in class so if you have a few hours during the week when you would like to offer your support in school then please let me or the school office know.